Saturday, August 29, 2009

Fancy meeting you here.


The "novel" portion of The Flower Shop is long behind me. I'm currently working on the events that show up in the weekly scheduler. This is my first time working on a straight up dating sim sort of story where events are triggered by character stats. It's actually kinda fun. Rather than the largely linear nature of the novel portion, events happen as you want them to. For instance, you can choose to completely ignore one girl and never trigger her events and still finish them game. It's not a good idea, since your stats will take a huge hit, though. But it's possible. Also, hello Planet EVN! I blog on a near daily basis just to keep myself motivated. So expect lots of short and random posts. I've included a screenshot in this one so you can see how adorable the artwork for this game is. The Flower Shop is really going to be a great game. The artwork is fantastic, the programming is solid, and ::cough::the writing is fantastic::cough::.

Statistics:
The game contains 1267 screens of dialogue.
These screens contain a total of 12500 words,
for an average of 9.9 words per screen.
The game contains 20 menus.

No comments: