Thursday, May 14, 2009

Aliens!

Chapter 08 of Idem et Idem finished today. There are aliens in it! (There aren't aliens in it.)

It's a little interesting writing puzzles for this game - I have to over simplify a lot of real world mechanics, and in some cases just make things up. This chapter involves car repairs. I have a friend who's quite the mechanic - he literally took apart a car to fix it. I haven't learned much from him, but I know enough to know that fixing a car does not work that way. XD I also have a lot of computer engineer friends. I've watched them take a soldering iron to a circuit board more than once, and what they've done looks nothing like what I wrote for rerouting power or fixing circuit boards. Oh well, it's all about suspension of disbelief, right? I am using a couple real computer tricks, though. But if I told you what they were now, that would ruin the surprise. ^_-

Statistics:
The game contains 748 screens of dialogue.
These screens contain a total of 7676 words,
for an average of 10.3 words per screen.
The game contains 0 menus.

No comments: