Sunday, January 1, 2012

Hello, 2012!


Wooo! It's time for a new year's post. Because that's what we do! 2011 was a crazy year. I've been hearing that from a lot of people, and sakevisual went for quite a ride as well.

At the start of the year, Deji's computer and tablet were stolen, along with a lot of her other stuff, which unsurprisingly put a sort of pause in our projects. In March, Japan was hit by an earthquake, and am so proud of all of you guys coming together for our Support Japan project. Together, we raised $1,396. Not long after that, I got in a car accident and wound up losing most of my stuff along with my car. Several months after that were dedicated to recovery and buying a new car. >_< It was...sort of a rough year.

The goal for the year was to release two free games and one Green Tea game. Unfortunately, we only managed to score one free game (My Magical Cosplay Cafe). orz At least we got Kansei out! It was a messy release, as releases go, but it smoothed out pretty well in the end, and I'm excited for the next chapter.

Even though this was a sort of thin year for releases, it was a great year for me in terms of getting to know you all better. I went to seven conventions this year, which is the most I've ever been to in a year. I got to meet so many people at cons and online, and you have all been incredible to me. Your support, feedback, and kindness has been wonderful, and I've been amazed by the creativity and talent I see among you. Even with all the rough parts, you've made this a year I can look back on and be grateful for.

Free Games Released in 2011: My Magical Cosplay Cafe
Green Tea Games Released in 2011: Kansei
Partner Games Released in 2011: Winter in Fairbrook

I secretly wish I owned a Naoki body pillow.
For the upcoming year, the goal again is to release two free games, and at least one Green Tea Game. I say at least, since we've had a "secret" otome game in the shadows for a while. And I say secret, but I've been teasing you about it for awhile. >.>;;

Planned Free Games for 2012: Every Sunrise (Ripples Sequel), Oneiro or hanami x 2 (depends on which artist is faster XD)
Planned Green Tea Games for 2012: Jisei Ch. 03, Super Secret(?) Otome Game
Planned Partner Games for 2012: Cinders (with moacube)

::pumps fist:: Alright! Onward into a new year! Let's make something amazing together!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Go Go! At least the rough times should be now behind you.

The only thing to worry about now are the polar icecaps melting, methane oozing into the atmosphere, and the planets aligning before the end of this year.

In other words, a perfect year as any to work on projects!

Anonymous said...

Good luck guys!!

^^

Annie said...

I would totally buy a Naoki body pillow. :D

Looking back, it HAS been a really rough year for you. I hope 2012 is infinitely better. You have our support!

yuri999 said...

I would love the play the third chapter of Jisei before the world ends :-P

Happy New Year and best of luck!