Monday, June 13, 2011

For want of a better word..."Owwww."

A behind the table shot of me attempting to explain something or other.
Two things happened this weekend.
1.) A-KON 22
2.) I got in a car crash.
Pretty much in that order.

The bad news: My car was hit by some flying debris when I was driving home from the con. The car spun out of control and crashed into a wall. I wound up bleeding and bruising a good deal, but no bones were broken, and I'm happy to be alive. Unfortunately, I did lose a lot of sakevisual stuff in the crash, and the car was towed by the police, so I can't get to anything that survived, anyway. Free games will not go on hiatus, but they will have to move a lot slower, as most of my spare money will now be spent on getting a new car instead of funding free games. D:

The good news: I make backups of my work (and you should, too), so all of our in progress games are still alive! Kansei is still in beta stages, since I decided that I want to do a lot more testing before I'm comfortable releasing it. I'll be opening up pre-orders for Kansei soon. Anyone who pre-orders will be given access to the beta version, as well as a direct line to provide your thoughts and feedback for the final game. For anyone who did a Kansei pre-order at the con, please email me at ayu@sakevisual.com so that I can keep you in the loop. Also, A-KON was a lot of fun, and I'm really happy that I got to make new friends and see familiar faces. A huge thanks to everyone who came by the table or went to my panel. I wasn't expecting so many, and you guys completely overwhelmed me. Thank you so, so much for coming (and also for laughing at my terrible jokes).

In summary: Please be patient with me. I didn't lose much progress for any games, but it will be a little harder for me to get work done in the coming months, and I'm afraid that funding for free games will be thinner than it was before. I promise I'll do my best to get them done, though.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm really glad you're ok from the accident. Don't worry too much about the games and focus on your recoveries.

I wish you saftey and luck in your future.

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear that you're safe and sound, I wish you a speedy recovery. But you definitely should rest and recover before worrying about the games. I'm sure sake fans are an understanding bunch.

- Marc

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, that's scary. I'm glad you're okay! I'm sure everyone will understand if you can't work on any games at all in the coming months! :(

Chin up and I hope you recover 200%!!

Samu-kun said...

Wow, I'm glad you're safe! Be careful out there!

Raeredfern said...

I remember doing something like that once. Arranging transportation till I could afford a new car was a pain in the butt. You have my complete sympathy. I hope you find a great deal on a new vehicle! I also hope it doesn't cause you a lot of stress. Hang in there!

Annie said...

"Please be patient with me"? You must think we're pretty awful people if you think we'd get mad at you for slowing down game production because of a freaking car crash.

Please take care of your health, and make sure you don't burn out. I don't think anybody here is more worried about the games than they are about you.

Ayu Sakata said...

Ara~ I don't think you guys are awful at all. I just feel really bad, because I've made you all wait for such a long time already, you know? ^_^;;

Honestly, I'm really grateful to everyone for being so supportive (car accident or not), and I just wish I could give you more in return.

VeronicaRojas said...

Wow o_o I'm so glad you're ok. Be good and take it easy >_< I don't think anybody will mind waiting just a few more months if that means you are going to be well, so don't worry n_n

I hope you recover real soon n_n <3

Celestine said...

It was good you weren't hurt.
But make sure to go to the hospital if you feel any dizziness. Be well.

Ciel said...

Oh my goodness! Thank goodness you're pretty much alright! That's all that matters! I mean games are fun and at all but that doesn't come close to a person's life! What matters most is your well-being! Get well soon!

Marimo said...

DX Oh wow, I'm glad you're alright. Good luck with your injuries and car.

Stay safe~ ; o ;

Anonymous said...

Whoa :O I'm so glad you're safe! That must have been an awful experience.

Good to hear you're doing well in spite of it all :)

lordcloudx said...

Ah, good to know you weren't seriously injured.

GDI said...

Ah... I'm too late to offer you get well wishes

Annie said...

@Ayu

Oh, dear, I hope I didn't sound antagonistic. What I meant was, even if everyone loves your games, we care more about you. And you give us plenty already. ^_^

Sammy said...

That must have been awful and seriously, thank God you're okay. I'm so sorry that happened to you - it must have been terrifying.

Of course your free projects are going on hiatus. Focus on getting healed/getting yourself a new car. And take it slow, no one is pressuring you to get anything done until you're ready.

Get some rest, take a little time off and recover. Your projects will still be there when you get back. :)

Velderia said...

Please get better soon. I hope you get healthy first and then focus on the games when you want. You were amazing at Akon 22 <3 You inspired me to work on a visual novel. Thank you so much. :D

Casey said...

I'm glad you're feeling better and hope you make a full recovery soon! ^_^

Liliah said...

I hope you're okay! D: Well, at least it wasn't a serious car crash... but still! Please focus on you getting better and all that rather than stressing on making games. :D It's bad to be a workaholic.
Good luck! :) I'm excited for the coming games! ^^

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're okay! Concentrate on getting better soon, the games can wait!